Whole Lotta Love pt 4 Sunday, October 3, 2010

DANKE! VIENNA Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria March 16 ' 73. Rock And Roll Over The Hills And Far Away Out On The Tiles Intro/Black Dog Misty Mountain Hop Since I've Been Loving You Dancing Days Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp The Song Remains The Same The Rain Song Dazed And Confused medley incl. San Francisco/Happiness Is A Warm Gun tease Stairway To Heaven Whole Lotta Love medley incl. Boogie Chillun, Baby I Don't Care, Let's Have A Party, I Can't Quit You Baby, The Lemon Song Instrumental Intro/Heartbreaker The Led Poisoning Show; Devastating version of DAC with Page and Bonham just feeding off one another. Bonham just keeps pushing Jimmy harder and harder. Jones is in usual great form but these recordings don't capture his sound very well. Plant is a little hoarse and plays at a different register. This was a very important time for Led Zeppelin but unfortunately this was not a largely publicized part of the 1973 tour. They were at their musical peak. I personally have never heard the Zeppelin machine working so tightly in all my years of listening. These string of European shows captures Page at his technical best. He is flying all over the guitar in a flurry of notes at lightning speed changing tempos while working off Jones and Bonham. Plant on the other hand is singing at lower register but does capture some magical moments. The reason why I say this is an important time for the band is because the band changed it's live structure after this. The American shows were played,i feel ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGDwSHgFnJ4&hl=en

0 comments:

..